Lunch doodle of my tauren monk Brewsnout that I’ve been really getting into.
I’ve decided he’s a youngin’ brewmaster who’s really just a gentle giant.
I’m pretty bummed about how Blizzard chose to portray Golka in the latest Lords of War short. And really getting tired of how all female Horde characters take a back-seat to the men, or worse, shown to be inferior.
I haven’t had much in the way of finished art to share lately. So I dug around for some sketches that have been getting smelly on my harddrive in the meantime.
He̶y p͏al!̸ H͠ow͢ ab̶o̵ut H-H́-̕H́-̛HU̡G t҉o͏ ͜g̴o ̕w͝ìth͘ ̀t͝hat̸ ̶p̧izza!?̶
Magnus just loves dishin’ out the hugs like dishin’ out pizza at Freddy Fazbears!
Gruagg the shaman. Just mucking around trying to get myself drawing today.
Lunch-hour doodle of my pandaren hunter, Kai, and his best buddy.
Promo art for Vancoufur 2015.
Their theme next year is noir/gangsters so I took this as an opportunity to try something different and attempt an art deco emulation.
I told c3rmen that I’d draw her a Digified badge of one of her kalacar characters for her birthday so this is hella overdue.
Commission for a EU WoW guild called Badgers on a Zeppelin
Ahh I’m pretty poor at articulating myself on the subject since I feel a lot of it is intuition! But I’ll try to give a few points:
- Develop an interesting silhouette with shape, scale and contrast! No amount of accessories can save you from a generic silhouette.
- Have a vision for the character and let this inform the shapes you choose (ie: a strong, menacing character using harsh, large square shapes)
- Play up stereotypes/archetypes, especially if you’re just starting out.
- Draw the character a lot. Don’t just try one design and settle with it. Play with the shapes and scale contrast in a lot of different combinations
- Use the ‘rule of three’, especially when you get to colours (typically don’t use more than 3 hues for a colour palette)
- More often than not: less is more!
That’s all I can think of for now! Hopefully it helps. I’d also recommend checking this tutorial on stylizing animals cause it explains how my brain works when it comes to designing better than I can: http://fav.me/d4qva2f
Hey Anthrocon attendees: I’ll be chillin’ in the Artist Alley on Friday the 4th doling out sketches and stickers and whatnot!
Corgi Samurai that I did last minute for the AC art show ‘cause why not.
Exveemon kickboxing for Pricimation’s Digimon Collab
The Dragon Realms - Spyro the Dragon: This is a gorgeous Spyro-themed Dream on Furcadia filled with fun games and amazing animation!
Oh my goodness look at this lovely feature on my little hobby, The Dragon Realms!! <3 Thanks for the feature, Furc!!
Final batch of Digified badges. These were REALLY a lot of fun, thanks everyone who commissioned one!
Gorehund’s Taro, Serris, Rooth and Ludo.